[at-l] Fwd: Apology to People's Republic of China

--- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>     Please don't include me in promoting jingoistic hatred - even if it
> is deserved.

### I'm left wondering what sort of deserved hatred you'd feel ok in which
to be included.

> Maybe China will build a beautiful long distance path
### Around the largest dam ever built, the one wiping out an entire region
to back up the Yellow River? Which river will silt it out in a century?
Talk about your P.U.D.S.....

> In the world I envision we could land in China because we were at peace
### Ummmm, would that be the same China that greeted a distressed aircraft
with no Mayday response, no runway vectors, no cleared flight path, but
with armed guards upon landing, ALL in contravention of global airspace
convention?

RnR, as long as you have the gumption to hike, and a mind to think free,
we'll all do alright. But keep in mind that you live in the Occidental,
where "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." In the Orient that you offer in
contrast to that responded to by SpiritEagle's fwd/letter, "The nail that
stands up gets hammered." Think about that a moment.

Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10