[at-l] Fwd: Apology to People's Republic of China

In a message dated 4/17/01 7:53:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
app-trail@excite.com writes:

<< ? The greatest fallacy of "American hypocrisy" is the view that this nation
 of almost 300 million acts with one will.  Individual and corporate choices
 are separate and distinct from government actions.  A country that rules its
 people with an iron fist (China comes to mind) while controlling businesses
 (China again) may be subject to such an indictment.>

    *** Sorry, but this seems to fall well short of an explanation. When it
works for them it is a free nation acting within the separation of state and
free enterprise. When you come before the bar it is a nation of laws with no
individual above them. Like a trick being worked on you. One group of
subjects asking for more being given an iron fist of limits of law another
being exempt if it works for the elite cash flow class. Every government has
this system.
    I could get into examples about national health care reform being denied
to the greater percentage of citizens who wanted it or environmental measures
by the same, but I won't because you will come up with a convenient excuse
defending hypocrites for that too probably.

 <<?? China's destroying their environment at an accelerating pace.  They
 criticize the Bush administration for rejecting Kyoto, something Clinton
 never even introduced to Congress, while their country is *exempt* from the
 accord.>>

    *** True, and so are we. I believe China to consist mostly of a primitive
peasant class of subsistence impact. Again, every government appears to be
using excuses while the clock is ticking on the biosphere. We use the most
resources of any nation by ratio.

 > America smashes helicopters together regularly killing trainees often.

 ??? Structure aside, I can't see where this has anything to do with the
 price of tea in.....well, you know.

    *** Well, yes it does. The poster criticized China's incompetence. The
jet was doing a reckless move, no doubt, but if you read any US paper you
will read the same on a monthly basis with our own military. I just ask that
posts intending to work up resentment against China be honest and fair.
Nothing wrong with that in our nation, is there?

    This could be described as an accident. Let's not pretend we have never
had one of those OK (Vincenes)? Otherwise we could look like the corrupt,
hegemonistic, war-mongering, one-sided, blind, nationalists we are accusing
the others of being. Yes-men all to anxious to drag us into another Vietnam
are people I don't encourage, thank you.