[at-l] kindo of funny story

I just read kind of a funny story about some young couple out in California went on a day hike.  They had one of these fancy watches that had a GPS and a digital compass.  They also had their c***P****.  They got caught in the dark before getting back to the trail head.  As fate would have it the overhead growth of the redwoods blocked the gps satellite. the compass failed.  They tried to use the light of the cell phone for a flashlight.  That did not work either.  The eventually decided to crawl out on their hands and knees.  I guess the moral to the story is to always have a backup.
Plodder