[at-l] OT...Fickle April

Last wednesday, Oreo either picked up a stone bruise or a thorn or something
that brought her up lame.  We've been off all trails since then and by the time
I finished the Family Easter shindig, I was about busting the seams (in more ways than one)

With three healthy and one lame but antsy dog, I headed to a tiny 'park'
which is actually the point where the west
branch and the north branch of my beloved Susquehanna meet.  I've adopted the
place and try and keep it picked up and a little tidy in exchange for our flagrant
violation of the dog laws of the state <g>.  Nothing gets ya on the good side of
the county maintenance guys better than picking up so they don't have to get
off there mowers to do it <g>.

While the healthy dogs burned off steam, I continued the work of untangling and
tossing all the flood debris into the river.  Ya can only do this during periods of
high flow in the spring.  The trouble is, the north branch outflows the west branch
by a factor of about three during the spring, so the west branch stalls and the
prevailing winds blow every tree branch or cornstalk onto that point.  Sunday
there was no wind so I had a chance to get things into the water and actually
headed down stream.  I moved a lot of material including a HUGE stump but it
got stuck on the bottom just feet shy of getting into the current and everything else
I tossed got hung up on it.  Bummer...

I said to my Self..
Self....how cold could it be?  I mean we could get in there, push things into the current
and then go home before we die.  We can take colder water than that for at least 10
mins before our legs go numb.  This could be our last chance for the season.

Self is actually about 10 yrs old and is way easy to get in trouble.  <g>  So in we go and
to Self's and my surprise it was not that cold!  I mean we stayed in a good fifteen/twenty mins,
thigh high, with NO SHIVERING!!!!

A really  really good day.  I did good work and I am good n sore <g>

So what am I leading up to?   SPRING SPRING SPRING!!!!   WOOOHOOO

But then of course, there is the little matter of snow in the forecast <sigh>.
Fickle...
gonna be a shock to the NOBOs