[at-l] Dogs and backpacking

At 07:55 AM 4/15/01 -0400, White Indian wrote:
>I am going to take my dog hiking, three day trip. I know there is a list somewhere on hiking with dogs. Can someone please give me the location or url.
>TIA

One note of caution.  a three day trip is a lot for a first outing.
Maybe try an over night first and for sure, test how your dog will
react to sleeping in a tent first.
Please don't take this personally, but I've seen so many people
decide to take their pups with, without any conditioning or prep.
Some times it works ok..sometimes it's a disaster and they end up
with a hurt dog and a holey tent <yikes>.
Be glad to help anyway i can.
signed k and her four 4paws..