[at-l] Re: belly bags

There are several options. Dana, the folks who make the Bombpack, make
a pouch that attaches to the shoulder straps and clips across like a
sternum strap. I use the small one, with a round open pocket for a
liter bottle (or a poncho or jacket), and a zipper pouch to put maps,
GORP, gloves and such in. I've moved it to my Kelty Flight, and it fits
quite well. I haven't seen the purpose in much more than this.

I do have pockets on my hiking pants, in which I store trash, bandanas,
camera, and such. I keep pockets as I want to have some emergency gear
with me at all times. I frankly don't understand hiking pants without
pockets, but to each their own.

Bill....