[at-l] not trail related-BoyScoutTroop237

Thanks so much for sharing that story.

It's funny - I can remember being 16 and my stepdad-to-be being surprised
that my friends and myself were actually decent kids who studied, played
sports, worked and lived an essentially trouble-free life. He said that since
all his children were grown, all he saw on the TV or heard on the radio were
stories about kids in trouble and he didn't realize that they were the
minority, not the majority.  I suspect that's even more true for many people
20+ years later (wow - over 20 years).

It's great to see the community jump in to help a 16 year old achieve his
goal and ever better to see the newspaper pick up on it.

Phil, yourself and everyone else involved deserves a hearty congratulations
for a job well done!

POG

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't
do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from
the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover."  Mark Twain

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---