[at-l] Eco-Challange

I caught the episodes i missed while in the woods, over the weekend.
Some stuff i just don't understand.  Why some of those people, in
fact so many of them didn't have gloves for the paddling stretches?
I mean, why should i feet sorry for someone who gets blisters from
paddling if they weren't wearing gloves?  I don't get that at all.

Nor do I understand why some people didn't wear socks.  OK...seems
unlikely that the socks would stay dry, but still....I'd think they'd
help, especially with the ankle blisters.

Almost no one used lekis!   Howscome?

Everyone seemed to be carrying the same pack.  I wonder if that was a
requirement?  It seemed an odd choice for lightweighters.  I think there
could never be a better example of weight vs. comfort than those four folks
sitting under the canoe during their bivouac.  I'd think the weight of a siltarp
would have been acceptable to me if it meant I might be able to lay down
and sleep or even a garbage bag to crawl into and keep my head under the
canoe.

I couldn't do that course.  Well maybe i could of at one time, except for the
lack of sleep.....yeouser....did they drug test people for 'speed'...yikes!

and I'm not sure about the ascending rope part..ever did that.

Hub and I watched it together and when the guy reported the leech in his
weenie, I thought I'd have to scrape Hub off the ceiling....

BTW....it looks like Discovery Channel is hosting their own adventure race
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/adventurerace/adventurerace.html