[at-l] Kelty Cloud and pollen

If you like the old bag, look at it real carefully. What is on it that you
don't need or use? Cut it off! Weigh the trash as you go along with this
exercise.

A through hike is little more than a series of section hikes - other than
the malnutrition, weather, emotional upheavals, and those other little
things. If you have a bag good for that, you probably have a bag ready for
a thru hike. Now if you have DJD in back or neck, you really need to do
some planning on your gear and a lot of attention to boots and socks. I'm
wondering what about your pack or neck interact to hurt, and just how much
weight is too much for you. I have a friend who has had 1 lumbar disk and 2
cervical disk repairs, does marathons at 66 years old and carries a 1975
Kelty external frame pack - with more weight than I would like. He does the
over-the-head pack throw to put it on.

The bulk of the pollen is the stuff your car hates, but not the prime
allergens. Those are coming in about 3 weeks. If you start having a lot of
neck pain and spasm when you sneeze, plan to trade the chiropractor for a
neurosurgeon. Be very careful of neck manipulations, in any case. I have
seen one hangman's fracture (fatal) via chiropractor about 20 years ago.
Don't want to see another.

OrangeBug
Getting older beats the alternative