[at-l] AT zoo

Since the list is quiet (or down?) I guess it's time to ask, did anyone else
notice the article in the Washington Post last week that the National Zoo is
planning to close the endangered animal breeding area that the AT passes in
northern VA.  Remember the old sign "Please stay on the trail.  Trespassers
will be eaten."  Seems the government has decided that breeding exotic
animals is too much of a luxury.  Too bad.It was always so much fun to pass
by and check out the odd exotic animals on the other side of the fence.  I
wonder what will happen to the land?  I hope the ATC is paying attention.

Ginny