[at-l] Gear report - Stupidity in a hammock

Kahley, this is exactly why I stopped backpacking with a hammock many
years ago. I used webbing tried padding but usually got some damage even
if it was minor. A windy night can really take the bark off.

snip
   The reason is that the rope damages the bark which provides access to
disease
   and insects.  Basically, the bark is the tree's skin and while it does
shed, just
   as our skin does, the rope can pull off layers, exposing the tender
insides
   to bugs and infection.
snip
   LNT ain't easy......