[at-l] Denial of Health Coverage for "Risky" Sports

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Steve Landis
>>> specifically if it includes hiking

>>That's the question.  The whitewater, mountainbike, and horseback
>>communities are active in fighting this.  The question for the hiking
>>community might be - Does a winter hike in the Whites or GSMNP
>>constitute "Risky Business"?

I am afraid it depends if the insurance company feels like paying. Then,
they get their team of lawyers versus my one lawyer. Of course, since they
are a multimillion dollar company, and I only have a seven figure salary if
you count the change that I get in my pay check every other week, I will
probably run out of money, lose my case and the insurance company will win
again.

A tad cynical about insurance companies...what can I say.

Just hope I don't break my leg while out backpacking one weekend, never mind
on a long distance hike, which I know the weasles at the insurance company
will find to be 'risky behavior'.

Mags

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary