[at-l] Broken Hiker

The best advice I ever recieved about making it to Maine was "keep
persisting"  If you don't have them, get a pair of Lekis, an elastic knee
brace or two and lots of ibuprofen and try to make it to the next town.  Then
try again.

I went through several injuries that put me "way behind the crowd", but it
was my hike, so I wasn't all that concerned, when I finished, only that I
did.  Not only was it my dream, it was my reality.

Best of luck, take it slow and keep on hiking!

Sly

In a message dated 4/5/2001 2:57:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
atthruhiker2001@yahoo.com writes:

> I am concidering ending my hike here in Franklin. My
> knee is gettin better but I still am unable to walk
> unassisted. I have no date other than the date imposed
> by Baxter SP for Kahtahdin to finish my hike. But I am
> very far behind`where I should be at this time.With no
> idea as to when I will be well enough to get back on
> the trail. I am really bumbed. Because I know that
> this was and will be the only chance to do a Thru that
> I will ever get

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---