[at-l] A logic for no water treatment... was Filter or iodinefor 6-day trip (TN-VA)

>>>"(And not the earliest throughhiker on this list, Thank God.)"<<<

Yes, I thank God everyday also, as I consider the fact that the
potential health and trip hazards that require so much time and
attention to avoid in planning an AT hike in this millenium are, for the
most part, the very things that I didn't have to ( or didn't have sense
enough to ) even consider in 1972. I had amazing luck in that year, or
perhaps a very busily efficient Guardian Angel. My water treatment plan
(none, except "common" sense) was, in retrospect, compromised by my
superstitiousness regarding the critters living in my water bottle. This
is too bizarre to explain, but for me, it worked, against all odds.
There is perhaps one person here who knows Joe Cook from '72 ( not the
same Joe who is married to Monica): I still remember the look on his
face the first time he saw that water bottle. My "little green friends"
eventually died after I stopped using the bottle, but they served me
well.

Alejandro

"...let them walk, let them walk, that the darkness overtake them not."
St. Augustine