[at-l] lekis sale

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> > Northern Mountain Supply has Lekis on sale.
> > http://www.northernmountain.com/
>
> Good deal, and with the rubber tips for the politically correct!

I picked up, packed out, and threw away no fewer than 10 of these plastic
buggers on my hike. It seems that more of these are lost in the woods and
left to die than many people will admit.

Note that Leki will tell you the rubber tip is not for hiking, but to
prevent damage to items from the tips while packed up in your gear.

If you are going to hike with these "shipping tips" on your poles, please at
least tape them on so you don't litter the trail with them.

Thanks,

-Paddler

ps For those of you who think that poles are too damaging to be used in on
our trail system, please remember that hiking on trails is not leave no
trace - it's concentrating your impact. Organized, marked trails are the way
we preserve the rest of the woods. Walk on the trail, through the mud, in
the ruts. That's why the trail is there in the first place.