[at-l] Broken Hiker

Bob...

I'm sure there are others on this list who have experienced what you are
going through.  I'm not one of them and I don't presume to know what it
does to one's psyche to realize you aren't going to "make it" for your
long anticipated thru hike.   My first reaction to your post was "God,
that SUCKS".  My second reaction... from my humble section hiker
perspective ...... was "Don't do it!  Hang in there and pick it back up
when you can."

My third reaction......I'm sure you know what's best for you and have
thought of nothing else since you went off the trail.  So I wish you a
very speedy recovery and hope you are able to get back out one day
soon........, either to pick up where you left off, or on a totally
different adventure.

Good thoughts and best wishes,

Sharon