[at-l] numb toes

Thanks for the advice I'm getting on the problem of numb toes.  At this
point I am going to try the alternate boot lacing technique, and am still
considering Superfeet insoles.

My plan of attack in the past has just been to take the necessary number of
POBOs (Pack Off, Boots Off) each day to handle the problem.  Perhaps my
stating that my toes begin to "cramp" after a period of numbness is not the
correct medical terminology.  Really, they just hurt like the dickens.

BTW, one of you asked, and another alluded to it, about whether or not this
condition went away after I stopped hiking.  Well, the numbness usually
lasts about 3 months, in some degree, after I get off the trail.  Granted,
this problem hasn't stopped me from hiking 802 miles of the AT over the last
three Mays, but I figured some of you may have actually found an answer to
it.  As is often the case with this group, however, I find that you are
often wrong, but never in doubt, and I just love hearing all the possible
opinions.