[at-l] FUBAR et al

this thread reminds me of another acronym that comes from the early
internet.  When a newbee would ask a question that should have been at his
fingertips, in the manual, he often would receive the reply RTFM which
means "Read The F'ing Manual".  Before the web, most e-mail addresses were
the mainframe that they were on.  For example, my address is a unix mainframe
at my alma mater named Alpha.  the other one on the same campus is named
Prime.  One of the mainframes at MIT that is used for student e-mail is
named RTFM.  I think the other one is Minerva
Rich