[at-l] Prehydrating food packets

on 4/1/01 1:28 PM, Tim Hewitt at Tim.Hewitt@fairchildsemi.com wrote:

> I did not pre-hydrate anything other than my dried food. I don't know that
> there is any reason to pre-soak a Lipton's dinner...

If you look at the directions on a Lipton's, it says to boil the water, then
add the Lipton's, then reboil, then simmer for anywhere from 7 to 20 minutes
to soften the noodles or let the rice absorb the water. The 2nd part of this
process has been taking a lot of fuel this winter. I thought that by letting
the noodles or rice absorb the water first, it would speed up the cooking
process.

Now, doing it the way you do, it would take a lot less fuel. I haven't been
carry a cozy, maybe that's the ticket...

-- Hal/Pokey