[at-l] hiking time

Russ, you can read my journals for my long section hikes during the month of
May for the last three years at the following:
http://www.oc.edu/staff/phil.heffington

I am the tortoise in hiking.  I don't know anyone who can hike slower, with
the possible exception of "Papa Smurf" from last year's hike.  I'm usually
on the trail by 7:00 a.m. and stop around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.  I take a number
of POBO's (Pack Off, Boot's Off) breaks each day to rest my toes from going
numb.  I just plan my morning, lunch, nap, and afternoon breaks to coincide
as much as possible.  As with all hiking questions, YMMV (Your Mileage May
Vary), depending on your hiking style, goals for the hike, motivation to put
in big miles each day, physical needs, terrain, etc.  I usually hike between
10-17 miles per day, so that gives you a hint as to how unanswerable your
question is.