[at-l] questions

I don't know what someone else uses as "'all spice' to pep up their
dinners."

However, I tend to carry small container(s) of one or more of the following
three mixes:

A typical Italian herb mix to which I have usually added garlic powder and
more basil.

A good Chili Powder mix -- if you use a typical store brand add more garlic
powder and cumin, IMHO.

A good curry mix -- need to find an oriental grocery, or make your own.

For an overnighter or weekender, I just pick one type.  For a longer trip I
use all three  -- either carried or maildropped as I go.

Chainsaw

 Mark Hudson wrote:

SNIP
> Second question... I've seen hikers carrying "all spice" to pep up their
> dinners, mixed salt, pepper, and possibly other stuff. Does anyone
actually
> have a recipe for this? Would rather carry one canister than four of
> five...

SNIP