[at-l] Limbaugh

At 09:30 AM 3/29/01 -0500, KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:
>Rush Limbaugh is a fraud.

I'm not sure "fraud" is correct, Kelly.   I listened to him back in the
'94-'95 timeframe when I was in Sacramento on business a lot.  He's
conservative, controversial, etc. but he says what he stands for w/o
prevarication.  Take it or leave it.  I rejected most of his points, FWIW.

>  it was a
>100 years ago, and he sputtered and stuttered, and couldn't answer ONE SINGLE
>QUESTION or back up ONE SINGLE THING he had said in the past becuase his
>views on politics are so twisted and skewed BY RUSH HIMSELF!  He couldn't
>back up one single statement that he was quoted as saying.

OK, give the name of the show and the date and we'll check it out.  But
careful you don't impugn people like this on general terms or it starts to
take on the tone of  groundless urban legend, oft repeated, but seldom
substantiated.

In reality, people who do something day in and day out, whether talk show
hosts or cops, are several legs up on those of us who are called upon
infrequently.  Which is why we hire lawyers to deal with the "system" when
needed.

So I find it unlikely that a professional talk-show guy would be stuttering
for lack of words.  And remember, I don't support RL's viewpoints...

BTW, he's slimmed down, so should be able to hike more miles per day than
previously.  Love his tie collection...

The Wizard!  A gleam in his eye, a bounce in his step!