[at-l] A few questions

From: Russ Drake <skcs2003@juno.com>

> I see that many of you hiked the AT,  My question is when you walked the
> 16-20 miles per day
> 1.  How long did it take you (On average)?

I averaged a little faster than 2 miles per hour including break times.

> 2.  How many breaks did you take during the day?

> 3.  How long were the breaks?

My breaks were usually based on water stops.  I would try to take at least
two 30 minute long breaks during the day.  I take off my boots and socks.  I
try to retank.

I found that my mind shifted after about 18 miles in the day.  At that point
I became a little more cautious about my steps and pace.

Cheers,
Terry
game'98
mega'01