[at-l] Off Topic---

The only reason I'm asking this on this list is that there are several
medical personnel on the list and there are people of vast experience in
areas in which I have none.  To wit, our daughter's college sent out a
letter saying that they feel so strongly that the students should have a
bacterial meningitis vaccination that they are having a clinic one day soon
to give the shots to the students.  Supposedly, they defend against all but
one strain of the bacterial meningitis.  What are the side effects?  Do they
off-set the protection?  Should we ask her to get the shot?  Interestingly,
the school is really wanting all freshmen to get the shot but any
upperclassmen who want it may get it also.  Maggie's a sophomore, but she's
planning a jr. yr. abroad trip to Ireland this Fall.  Would that give her
more reason to get the shot?

Before she went there, the school recommended that all students get
anti-tick vaccines, but, after reading all the possible life-long side
effects, we all decided against it.  So far, that has been a good decision.

Where can I go to read about this online?  I'm not good with search engines.
I'm sure somebody somewhere out there has something about this online.

Thanks to all---

anklebear