[at-l] From that Teacher viewpoint

previously posted:
Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com> wrote:
There's
 a very large difference
between having seven years of experience and having one year of
experience
seven times. Think about that one for a while.>>>>>>>>>

then Belcher replied:

<<<<<By that logic, does that mean that a person who teaches 9th grade
english for 5 years has less experience than someone who teaches 9th,
10th, 11th & 12th grade english in a span of four years? I use that
analogy because I was an education major, and it was something we
discussed at length in class. Yes, someone can have the same experience
each year, if they so choose. In teaching, it's easy: Use the same text,
the same lesson plan, the same tests, etc. Basically, be inflexible, and
not take into account the personalities of each class being different.
Heck, you can even end up teaching the same class 7 periods a day, if
you are that boring of a teacher. >>>>>

Well folks, Fur told me not to get involved with this discussion,
but.....those who know me know I sometimes just "haffta".

Yes, its true that teachers burn out, as do carpenters, lawyers,
doctors, ministers, and nearly every occupation out there. As a
substitute teacher of all grade levels I find greater knowledge and
energy from NOT being in the same classroom daily. I just completed a 6
week long-term assignment and couldn't wait to get back to "day-trippin"
assignments. You do have less burn out, and less "know-it-all"
approaches to your everyday contacts with others. The difference is
being the type of individual that realizes when they have gone too far
with what started out as a good thing. Mr Foot, on the other hand (pun
intended), seems to be too self absorbed in what he wishes to be helpful
with. He turns people away with his self righteousness. The
"holier-than-thou" syndrome if you will.  I don't think there is anyone
here that believes that he has not brought some good to the hiking
community. However HE does so in a way that is hurtful, and thru his
righteous path of evolution, he has turned as many away from this great
community as he has brought into it, simply by behaving in a way that
turns people off. If he is ridiculed, it is because he has brought it
upon himself. If anyone really wanted to help Dan, my suggestion would
be to try to whittle away at that enormous chip on his shoulder rather
than coddle this abusive, non-constructive behavior and getting angry at
those who simply reveal publicly what THEY perceive this man to be. HE
put himself in public view. He needs to take it, or climb down off his
own pedestal. Just like ANYONE in ANY occupation would when their heads
no longer fit through the doorways.

K....'nuf said!

Landslides (hiding when Fur finds out I got involved)