[at-l] FooooooD!

You have a very leisurely hike for 30 miles in 9 days. In general, bring
enough food as you would for your weekend hikes, plus a couple of days. I'd
expect you will walk closer to 8 mile days, depending on whether you
pressure yourself to camp at shelters or not. Expect hunger to begin in
about 2-3 days of starting your walk. It doesn't hurt to supplement your
diet with a flexible thing like peanut butter, flour tortillas, honey and
such. Just plan based on your usual hiking diet for now. Neel's Gap sells a
limited menu, but you will get to Blairsville (near Neel's if you go to
Goose Creek) or Helen (out of Unicoi Gap) or Hiawassee (near Dick's Creek
Gap) or Franklin, NC (after Standing Indian area) pretty quickly.

Have fun!

OrangeBug

BTW, it is to be very warm and clear this weekend in our mountains. Mrs.
Bug has commanded me to do yard work and last bits of tax stuff. BOO!