[at-l] Body of Evidence

>>>"I vote for surgically implanted tracking chips..."<<<

You mean like the "cookies" that a lot of websites track, so they can
spam you at will?
Could impart a whole new meaning to "Chips Ahoy"
I think hair samples and DNA analysis of same would be less invasive,
less expensive, and more infallible than implanted chips (there would
always be those hikers who would get others to carry their chips for
them past checkpoints [slack-chippers]), but randomly collected
hair-samples at points farthest between road-crossings would necessarily
be more objectively accurate than any other method, assuming that the
Avery Society could fund the analysis costs. I know! A nominal fee
collected of prospective Through-Hikers at either terminus...:
"A Hair-to-There for Those Who Really Care" donation....

Alejandro

"...let them walk, let them walk, that the darkness overtake them not."
St. Augustine