[at-l] crinkly pants

In a message dated 3/26/2001 12:40:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pvillen@imap1.asu.edu writes:

> A question for weathercarrot or anyone else who has slept in Frogg
> Toggs...
>
> I pulled out my new set tonight and pulled on the clown pants--I mean
> bottoms. There's room to bring a friend, and they crinkle. I mean, it's
> like wearing helium-filled Pampers. (Down, Felix.) Do they ever quiet
> down, or do you get used to the noise, or is there something I can do to
> beat them into submission?
>
> I know that sounded kinda weird, but thanks...

There was one night I slept in my Froggs Toggs in extreme cold, but I didn't
notice the crinkling noise, I was shivering too much.  : )

Frogg Toggs are the best, lightweight, affordable and they work.  I used my
quite frequently on the northern half of the PCT and thought they preformed
beautifully.  They kept me dry, warm, blocked the wind and breathed as well
as any Gore-Tex.  If you happen to puncture them, as I did with a hiking
pole, a little duct tape and they're as good as new. I'm looking to get
another 3000 miles out of my set and I think they'll make it.

Yea, they look like clown pants, but after wearing them awhile, I didn't
notice any noise.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html