[at-l] Rattlers (and grease pots)

Well, below heart level and at rest. Yet you don't want to keep it too
low and have further edema/swelling. If the bite is on your leg, you
don't have a whole lot of choice in the situation - if you walk it will
be low, and if you are stretchered, it will be at heart level. If it is
on a hand or arm, splinting the limb on the chest as if fractured would
do well. Use those safety pins to keep it in place while you walk.

The other idea is to use a mild binding between the bite and the heart,
such as tight Ace bandage but definitely not a tournequet.

For excellent review of the first aid, Wild Bill's reference to
http://www-surgery.ucsd.edu/ent/DAVIDSON/Snake/Crotalus.htm is
excellent to keep for a bookmark. I was just reading an extensive list
of suggestions for a medical kit, including excellent personal first
aid kit information at http://www.wms.org/education_fr.htm under "What
is good in a Medical kit?"

Bill....