[at-l] The Companion

I am a little ticked about comments made about the companion.  The editor
of the companion was on this list until she left to do her summer hiking.
 She gets paid exactly zip for her job.  A large number of people work as
section editors and fact checkers.  Many of the same people work on
Winged of Foot's guide.  They all get paid the same, zip.  This year I am
a section editor and I will be giving up part of my vacation time  to
edit my portion of the companion.  My pay, zip.  It is called giving back
to the trail.  Am I thru hiker, no!!!  I am a section hiker and maybe one
of these days I will hike the whole AT.  You don't like the companion?
Why don't you volunteer some of your time?  Finally why don't you ask
Wing Foot where is the free download button, on his page, for hi guide.
The AT is a trail maintained by a large number of volunteers, and the
umbrella (a word that cannot be used on the other mailing list)
organization is the ATC, not WF.

Grey Owl

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.