[at-l] ^*@$^$ petzl tikka

I'm serious and seriously P*SSED!   There is a depression which would indicate you place you finger/thumb
on a button with a ridge located on the top,  But that button doesn't seem to wanna depress and release
the battery compartment.  Is there a trick or did I get a lemon?  AAARRGGHH...this is soooo unfair.
Gear weenies can't take this kind of frustration.