[at-l] snakes

I saw that in this month's Backpacker, and don't think that much of it.
I suspect that the issue has more to do with strength and preparation
of antitoxin, as well as increasing concern over the costs of treatment
and management of the (inevitable?) serum sickness reaction to the
horse serum. However, given the pressure on the snake population by
humans keen to kill every one of them or to prove their sanctity by
handling them while talking in tongues, Darwin's Law may be kicking in.
Successful snakes may be bred to be much more agressive and toxic.

Leave them babies alone, especially those rattlebugs.

Bill...