[at-l] Trail Maps

David Hollman <dhollman@sapient.com> wrote:

> The "Ulitmate AT Store" sells a big package of maps for the entire AT. For
> hiking most sections of trail, are maps necessary? How are the quality of
> the maps purchased from this site? Are there better and/or cheaper
> alternatives?

Though not absolutely necessary, I carried the maps. I like maps. I had them
sent in my maildrops, and used them everyday - not for direction, but for
elevation.  The road crossings and other things were interesting too, but I
think I would have been just as happy cutting off the elevation profiles and
carrying only those...

-p