[at-l] 2000 mile recognition

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> I saw a post by Wingfoot on Trailplace the other day that said the ATC is
> going out of the 2000-miler business and he plans to start the Avery
Society.

> So it looks like if you want recognition in the future, you'll have to go
> thru him.

I'm glad I hiked when I did. I would hate to have to make offerings to the
god in Hot Springs for recognition that I walked from Georgia to Maine.

I think I'm going to start a new award. I call it the "I walked from Maine
to Georgia, or from Georgia to Maine mostly on the Appalachian Trail" award.
It will be called IWaFoMeToGOFroGeToMeMOTAT, and no one but me (maybe Felix)
will be able to pronounce it. Proper pronunciation is required to be a
recipient. You will also have to pay $4135.21 as an application fee to
receive it, however this will be refunded if the panel of judges considers
you worthy of a refund - and of course, the final decision on whether you
deserve it or not will fall to me (unless I feel like delegating this to
Felix). There is no refund of your application fee if you are denied the
award (the Committee for the evaluation of IWaFoMeToGOFroGeToMeMOTAT
recipients has expenses too you know!).

Any questions?

Good.

Myron Avery cannabis, eat your heart out.

-p