[at-l] response to WF/Avery Society comments

During my little section hike, I had images for the Avery monitors and
how they could follow each through hiker. I figure they could be
recruited from Camp Merrell, using Rangers who are expert at tracking
and capturing humans. We would need to train them for a "catch and
release" mission, tagging each prospective thru-hiker with an ID tag
with GPS receiver/transmitter. This shouldn't be difficult technology
given the number of piercings I see among hikers and the tracking tools
modern trucking companies and probation officers use.

The biggest problem I had with the idea was where to do the piercing to
help prevent the dishonest thru-hiker wannabe from removing the tag.
Then I remembered Southpark and Cartman's probe. Think of the multiple
uses, especially as you wouldn't need to bring matches to start a fire
anymore! This would be far less labor intensive, as Dan could keep
track of your a** from his palatial estates in Hot Springs.

This is really a very good idea!

Bill....