[at-l] response to WF/Avery Society comments

> The ATC doesn't verify through hikes anymore, they used to require a
'report'
> decades ago.

The ATC required a written  report of your thruhike in 1991.  They asked for
your general impressions, names of some folks you hiked with, etc.  Plus,
they did not charge for the Certificate of Congratulations, (suitable for
framing), nor for the 2000 miler patch.  I know that I didn't pay them
anything.  I have no idea how they could verify the legitimacy of a thruhike
claim anyhow unless the hiker initialed every white blaze somehow.