[at-l] Re: Maildrop v. Buy-in-town the old debate

For me the issue of buying in town versus using a maildrop also involves the
question of what kinds of foods I want to eat on the trail. I take some
prepackaged foods that can be bought just about anywhere--Lipton dinners,
Snickers, etc.--but I also bring things that are harder to find in some of
the small groceries along the trail, like couscous and bulgur wheat. I also
prepare a lot of my own sauces and I dehydrate tons of vegetables and fruits.
I figure (and hope) these extras make my meals a little more nutritious as
well as palatable. Of course the flip side to all this is that it's a lot
more work putting together mail drops like this, and in my dotage I'm
becoming less and less inclined to make the effort. But I think it's worth
some consideration, especially when you know you're stopping in a small town
that's unlikely to have a reasonably-sized grocery store.

Antaeus

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---