[at-l] This Date In History

One year ago today I picked Gary and Millie Buffington ( Bear Bag and
Sweet Pea )  and took them to Springer Mountain.   I hiked with them a
couple of days from there.  And then in October of last year I was
fortunate enough to go to Maine and climb Mt. Katahdin with them on
October 7 as they completed they incredible journey.   I felt very
fortunate to see them off on Springer and see them complete their journey
on an incredible October day with the beautiful leaves and most
spectacular mountain on the A.T. --- Mt. Katahdin.   They are two very
special people who are dear friends of mine.   They were with me as I
started the A.T. in 1991 and stayed with me for four days.   I salute
these two very fine folks who are a credit to the A.T. and the world.
For those of you who are like Gary, Millie, myself, and 4,000 others we
are a very fortunate group of people who have had the privilege of
completing the ENTIRE A.T.  ( with no blue, yellow, or aqua blazing ).

Also 24 years ago today, March 15, 1977 after completing the written
exams for my dissertation, I started running and have never stopped.   I
have seen, experienced, shared, and suffered much.  I have had a lot of
adventures and expect to have many more.

Persue your dreams and goals and never stop pursuing new adventures

In Christ
David Horton
The Runner
A.T. 91