[at-l] Innocent Question

--- "t." <tjfort@netdoor.com> wrote:  No real hanging violations here to
> worry about.
>
> well, actually, there is one.  We can't bad mouth wingfoot.  It's not
> a written rule, but, just a personal request from ryan.

### Which is not to say that we *avoid* airing/discussing *legit*
complaints, either, including re Daniel The Bruce.

We are 99.8% a self-regulating campfire, *often* posting regarding the AT.
When things get heated (as they will), some listers hit <delete>, some
post "give peace a chance", some stay heated, some get bored, and
eventually, things cool down. Freedom of Speech is _practiced_ here,
including *social* regulation. List Admin Ryan's hand on the list's tiller
is *rarely* felt, and (making his job easier) has only been necessary as a
sometimes oblique moral reference. (Ryan's idea of "Geeeeez folks, give it
a *rest*.)

Ryan, who's real name is Bruce Hornsby, has attended only a few lister
functions, but is AND WILL BE roundly and warmly received *anytime*.

Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10