[at-l] OrangeBug update and stuff

Well, the weather turned nicer and so he kept on hiking. Met him in Hot Springs yesterday to drop his car off.  He was tired but happy, and getting ready to head to the hot springs.

Toney, Cassy and I hiked up to Lovers Leap (the RIGHT way this time <g>) and then came down on the side trail we thought we were on last time.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day out for a hike.  And I learned that one Leki, fully collapsed, makes a perfect hiking pole for a 4 yr old ;)

After we were done hiking, we had dinner at the new "Paddlers Pub". A little pricey, but good food and a nice selection of beer. It was kind of neat to sit out on the sidewalk and relax in the sun, tipping a brew and watching the cars and people drive and hike by.  Didn't see any thru hikers, although quite a few weekend hikers.  They weren't grungy enough to be thruhikers :)

And since we are talking about Hot Springs - I got a postcard in the mail from ALDHA announcing Trail Fest on the 21st of April - anyone going this year?

The Redhead