[at-l] comments to chase/ finding solitude while hiking with someone else

chase,

I could relate to so many of your comments.  I also tend to get sensory
overload when there is too much happening and can only take the "noise" for
short periods.  I also truly enjoy both the times of being alone with nature
and being able to share with someone special.  My hubby and I usually hike
alone, but often we will meet at a certain point and walk softly and quietly
alone just taking in the solitude.  There are other times when we will talk
and joke, hiking together.

Choosing to hike with someone else does not necessarily mean that you cannot
hike alone!

Hummingbird