From: Ben Curtis <cobwebat99@yahoo.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: Solitude on the AT was Re: [at-l] loners

     Great Idea.  In '99 I left springer on May 13.
No snow, and it seemed that the whole Georgia forest
was in bloom. The shelters were never full until I
caught up with the crowds in New England.  And I was
surprised at the number of hikers that I met in
Georgia that actually finished before Katahdin was
(officially ) closed.

Cobweb AT '99, Campo-Oregon '01