[at-l] thru-hiker update

 'Just got off the phone -- Spur is at Walasi-Yi, tenting nearby.  'Says it's
cold.
 He's doing well.  'Been using the alcohol stove and is pleased with its
performance -- Chalk up another victory for the TinCanStove Man!  I asked
about Trail conditions, fearing snow and ice -- he says, "lots of mud."

 He was pleased to say that the family are there, staying as guests of the
new owners, along with a Southbound Yogi.  They'd been at Goose Creek last
night, and they hope to reach Springer in 2, perhaps 3, days.  Spur says
they're in great spirits.  EasyRider may need a new Trail moniker -- she did
a 4-mile day on her own yesterday!

 'Seems there're still some decisions to be made about whether or not to
yoyo.  Spur says he thinks it's split pretty much along gender lines, with
the boys saying, Yes -- let's do, and the girls, no -- let's not.  What
they'd really, really like is to find some work for a short time and then
decide.  They're not particularly interested in returning to Maine just yet
-- they'd want to wait for the cold weather to ease up.

 That's my update.  Spur says he's in a "bubble" of thruhikers now.  I think
he was surprised to see how many are already on the Trail so early in the
season.

 Roger, and out.
 Ready