[at-l] PA - Sproul State Forest

ladyhawke129@ivillage.com wrote:

>My name is Stephanie.  I live in north central PA near the center of
>290,000 acres of mountain wilderness known as the Sproul State Forest.
>
>While I am planning to thru-hike the AT one day, when it will happen
>remains a mystery... but the dream lives on!
>
>I have joined the list to drink in your collective trail wisdom, but I am
>willing to offer whatever help and support I can to any of you who may be
>in need.
>
>For those thru-hiking this year, I wish you the best of luck and would like
>to say... I WANNA GO, TOO!!  :)

Steph -
Welcome to the zoo.  And it is.  But it's also "hiker-friendly"  :-)

We've spent a lot of time in Sproul SF - enough that we've written
guidebooks for some of the trails through there.  And enough that we wish we
could live there.  :-)

Have you encountered the KTA (Keystone Trails Association)?  We've  spent
some time with the KTA Trailcare crews and more hands are always welcome.
Trails like the Susquehannock, the Donut Hole and the Black Forest take some
of the load off the AT - and they need to be maintained too.

In fact, the first Trailcare for 2001 will be later this month (March
23-25).  We'll be working on the Old Loggers Path (a little bit east of
Sproul SF). Anyone who's interested should check out the KTA web page at
http://www.pennaweb.com/kta/

Yeah - this is a personal invitation - for Steph and for anyone else who's
ready to give back some of what they've gotten from the trails.

Walk softly,
Jim and Ginny

You are never allowed to have a dream without being given the
power to make it real.  But you may have to work for it.
                -  From  "One"   by Richard Bach