[at-l] Fw: RATC:Sinking Creek Update

Bakwudz

It's about halfway between Newport Va and New Castle Va.   Maybe some 20
miles from Blacksburg Va.  Maybe 35 miles from Roanoke Va.

I'm committed to six weeks of trail crew (four Konnarock & two Massarock)
plus having my two AT segments to look after, in addition to other club work
days.  [Maybe, I should just be committed somewhere and get it over.]  So,
I'll not be doing a lot of days on this project.  However, if any of the
listers coming in from out of the area to help need a place crash, let me
know.

I sent the following info about five hours ago, but it hasn't posted back to
me, yet.  I suspect that OneMain.com who took over  U.S. Internet is having
problems AGAIN 8<( }    Talk about degrading service when a good local
service gets bought out.

But just in case it is lost outright here it is again.

>>RATC is building a shelter on the top of Sinking Creek Mountain this
spring/summer.  The shelter will be close to what is labeled "Sarver Cabin"
on the AT maps.  See the ATC's Guide to Central Virginia, Section 30,  p.
245 & see map 3 -- Blacksburg Ranger District at mile 73.

 Sarver Cabin is actually an old log cabin dating back to about 1850.
Somehow, the trail maps got printed with a shelter symbol at that spot, but
there is not currently a shelter there, just a rehabbed shed.  In fact the
guide advises to avoid using it.

We're going to fix that this summer.<<

Chainsaw