[at-l] Palmerton

> but, as I recall, Palmerton
> had a nice library.  Plus a Church having a fish fry
> and selling draft for .50.

The people of Palmerton were so very nice to me -- I
was looking to buy a pinwheel -- purple one as a
matter of fact -- in Palmerton and several people
(store owners) each got on the phone and telephoned
all their friends in town to see if anyone had one or
knew of where to get one. Went out of their way to
help even though no one could find a pinwheel in town.

I went to the Palmerton Hotel (I think that's the name
of the place) and the owners there bought me a couple
of beers which tasted terrific at that time of year
(well, actually, the time of year probably is
superfluous...Ha). Several of the people I was hiking
with had a terrific time at another restaurant in town
(I was being respectable and catching up on my sleep
that night back with the other hikers at the Palmerton
jail -- which, by the way, seemed to be *the* place to
stay for hikers).

And the blueberries coming down off the mountain and
into town! Waaaow! You could sit in the middle of the
trail and grab handfulls on each side until you were
completely gorged. Might want to keep an eye out for
bears along the Trail there...

Even though there may have been few libraries that I
found in Pennsylvania, they certainly had the most
friendly people there.

Datto