O.T. [at-l] Regulation

Actually, the only reason gold has value is because we've decided it does.
It really doesn't matter what medium of exchange we use as long as the buyer
and seller agree on its relative value. Goats, pigs, shoes, gold, paper
money, it's all the same. The value of a $20 bill is only what we all agree
it is. The day we stop agreeing on it is the day it changes. It doesn't
matter what the government does. Money only has the value we place on it.
The only reason we use paper money is because it’s so easily transported.
Secure computers may well change that and thereby create a whole new set of
problems. If the government uses that to cease or overly control the
people’s money the people will just stop using the official system and start
their own.  History is full of failed government attempts to control the
peoples perception of the value of the official exchange medium. The value
of gold fluctuates just like everything else. Economics is the most amazing
Voo Doo I've ever seen. Things have value because we believe they do. They
only have that value as long as we believe. Amazing...money is a
self-filling prophecy. It's kind of like the myth of "oppressed people".
People are oppressed by a government for just about as long as they decide
to be. Once the people refuse to be governed...no matter what the
consequences.. it's over. The central government may as well pack their
tents and steal away. It's just a matter of time.
Jerry