[at-l] "Regroup on the food" and "Stuff"

FLATers@webtv.net wrote:

>OK, now that I bragged about our wonderful food system, I need to share
>what Fur wrote about the true test......using the system "out there". It
>seems in our home trials, we didn't allow for the ouside temp. factor,
>which I now know makes a huge difference. Also note what he says about
>the inline filter that he was "previously" very happy with. This info.
>may assist you in making your own decisions.

He'll get hungry later. I carried too much food the first three weeks or so,
then not enough for the next 5 1/2 months.

Unless you are going to simmer your meal for 20 minutes, you absolutely have
to presoak the dried food. I put mine in the soaking bottle at breakfast and
let it soak all day. Worked great. Use just enough water to cover the food -
no more; you have to carry it... I did not try anything but instant rice -
the kind that comes in Lipton dinners and only needs to sit for 5 minutes
once you bring it to a boil.

Tell him to hang in there.

-Paddler