Fwd: [at-l] sneaux update

Well I went hikee....dogs had no problems except snow toes.
I, on the other hand, have jinxed myself by worrying about
getting hit in the head!  We hadn't gone a quarter mile til the
sun disappeared and the wind came up and all those six inch
deep slabs of wet snow had frozen into ow hurtty ouch ohhhhh
I  N  C  O  M  I  N  G!!!!!!!
Since we were not on our way to Maine, we retreated to a road,
cut with sneauxmachine tracks which helped the dog's
sneauxteauxs trememdously as well.  Nice walk. but cooooold
and especially, since for some idiotic reason, I never think I need
an underlayer in March.   We came to a point where the road
crossed a power line on the inside bend of the ridge and the
wind ripped.....a whole valley's worth of wind....wow.  I guess
the wind dried out the top of the snow or else dryer snow fell
over night, because there was a 18 in layer of "air"  carrying a band of snow
rolling, drifting, riding_up_ that cut.  Never saw anything like it.  If I stood in it, I
could not see my feet.......a knee deep white-out!!!!
Maxieman, the little dog,  disappeared altogether and when we
emerged from the other side of the cut he was white instead of black.
  Unbelievable morning.
Waaaay too coool!!!!