[at-l] Warning..another nostalgic AT post. :)

All this talk of nasty weather reminded me of something..all the snow and
rain that happened in 1998. Ack!
The first day of my thru-hike was very sunny and warm.  The rest of first
month? Wet. Cold. Snowy.  Might as well been back in Rhode Island,
weather wise.

But, something about being out on the trail seems to make even the worse
days, better.

Here is an excerpt from  journal entry of March 5th,1998:
***************
Mile Post 66.8 ~ Dick's Creek Gap/Blueberry Patch
       March 5 ~ A foggy day on the AT. The fog and the rhododendrons
give the trail an almost magical quality. There is a certain sound to the
forest when the fog is out that just cannot be described in words. I
certainly did not get the views that I had yesterday, but pleasures more
subtle were just as abundant...... Pretty good day here in AT land.-Paul

*************

So I will take the rain and the fog, the snow and the cold over the warm
room where I am typing this e-mail.  Bit envious of my fellow AT98er and
Coloradoan Terry (UltraLite '98) as he gets ready for his southbound AT
hike... For some reason, he doesn't envy me. :-)

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
 segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
multipart/alternative
  text/html
---